To create your own recycled paper christmas wreath you will need:
- Glue gun
- Old book
- Paper plate
- Start by marking a circle on your paper plate
- Cut out the circle
- Create two circles/layers of scrunched paper
- Create the first outer layer – scrunch your paper in the middle, and using glue gun attach to paper plate.
- Attach the next scrunched paper – I attached them about an inch apart.
- The closer you place the more dense your wreath will be.
- Create a second layer, scrunching and adding one piece at a time.
- To hang I created a loop out of string and glued to the back, using the glue gun.
You can add various decorations, such as a hung item in the middle of the wreath for example, bauble, felt dove etc.. ribbon bows on the wreath – your only limitation is your imagination:)
Personally I love the simple wreath, but it is easy to jazz up, adding a splash of colour and or texture.
For further Christmas recycled ideas check out my Pinterest board. What handmade christmas decorations are you planning this year?
As usual I am popping by Handmade Harbour to see what other people have been up to this week,