WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
A glass or two of wine later and I appear to have made a rash purchase of my own domain name – EEEEK!
As regular readers know I have been contemplating the step of moving from wordpress.com. to wordpress.org for a while. The realisation that I am now getting visitors from google search engines, therefore if I am ever going to do it now is the time!! Plus the need to order new business cards for a craft stall (having changed my twitter name) seemed to prompt the decision.
So this will be last post as vickymyerswordpress.com!! I would hate to loose you, please visit me at vickymyerscreations.co.uk:) This is a step in faith that my blog is worth writing, for me, if no-one else!
In case you are thinking of making the move I thought I would share my to do list!!
- Identify a widget which will create a site map for search engines (this is something wordpress.com does automatically for me at the moment)
- Sign up with wordpress.com so that traffic that appears at .com is redirected to .org
- Repin images from old posts from the new site
- Delete the old posts from .com to so I don’t confuse google.
- Install hovering Pin it buttons on my images (hurray!!!!)
- Add a “if you like this post you might like these posts” at the bottom of each post
- Centralise the logos on the right hand side of my blog
- Plan, write and schedule 7 blog posts for as soon as the new site is live (here’s hoping for seven, unless it looks like I am irritating the other half too much!)
- Order a book all about wordpress.org!!!
So what are you waiting for? Please do look for me as vickymyerscreations.co.uk and see what my daily blog posts are about:) I will be over at the new address by the 14th of September (if all goes to plan!)
Plus pretty please if you have any tips/ hints, reading suggestions I would love to hear them.