20 Social Media Tips
The level of detail in the materials was great, as was on line support. No question was daft! Rather helpful as I found some weeks were harder than others – Linked In felt like double dutch!
So what did I learn… lots and lots! Here are some quick tips:
- Follow key people in your niche field
- Identify sources of interesting information to RT
- Identify and follow bloggers who you have identified to engage with… hoping to lead to an article re your business
- Use lists to organise who you follow
- Create lists and promote lists to raise your profile
- Create niche boards.
- Promote the boards.
- Add your own content to the boards.
- Tweet people who you have pinned, they may RT the board.
- Search for and request to join community boards with big followings, add your on blog content to these boards.
- Add Pin It buttons to your blog images to encourage pinning.
- Create milestones on your Facebook page ie. launch of a new range
- Create photograph album of your products
- Spend time each day interacting, as your business page
- Share relevant interesting information with your followers
- Analyse the reach of your posts, which posts do people engage with?
- Create a CV on Linked In
- Connect with people for example bloggers & magazine editors
- Join relevant groups
- Join in the discussions, and start discussions
Would I recommend the course? Definitely – I recommend allowing adequate time to make the most of all the materials:) Plus do check out Hilary’s blog (UK Craft Blog) as she has some great articles re social media.
Of course it is not just about learning but implementing what I have learnt! The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed I have made a start with Pin It buttons under images:) I would love to be able to improve this blog by having floating Pin it buttons on images, have a suggested posts at the bottom of each post, and use google analytics. It appears that this is not possible on Wordpres.com, if you know how to do any of these please point me in the right direction!! In the meantime I continue to put off the possibility of moving over to wordpress.org due to HTML code!
I hope you find the social media tips helpful. What do you recommend?
PS Why not pop over to Handmade Monday to see what fellow crafters have been up to this week. I’m aiming to create some bags this week to share with you next weekend:) Have a good week.