We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We have recently had the builders in, lets just say I am delighted they came, and then went!!!
The tot now has a double bedroom and his toys are now in his room, hurray for an adult space in the front room in the evenings!
We are rather partial to foot puffs for sitting on, leaning against whilst sitting on the floor playing trains/cars/tower building – you get the picture. So I was delighted to pick up a new to us foot puff in the local fantastic charity shop – just required a new cover and few extra polystyrene beads. Perfect for his new room:)
I happened to have rather a large stash of jeans from maternity leave days, a perfect blue colour, and hard wearing for a boys bedroom. Five pairs of jeans, plus two denim skirts later and I have a new foot pouf:)
I had a debate about sharing what not to do, or a step by step how to – this feels somewhat more positive attitude to take! Tips for recovering your own foot pouf (or should I say learn from my mistakes!).
- Measure and make a template for one side. I used old newspaper.
- Cut out fabric and pin together to create six different squares. Ensure your pinned square are bigger than your template to allow seam allowance all round.
- Create six different squares by including different tones of denim, pockets, and different seams.
- Sew your applique style squares, and trim to square shape (with seam allowance).
- Lay them all out as you would to make a box out of paper, not as I did in a grid format!
- Sew four pieces to together, in a line.
- Add your bottom, and sew all seams from your bottom and sides.
- Next attach your lid along one side.
- Hand stitch your lid on.
One finished recycled upcycle denim foot pouf:)
What are you making with the remainder of your denim? Check out my denim pinterest board for more ideas:) http://pinterest.com/vickymcreations/denim-recycling/
As usual I will be stopping by Handmade Harbour to see what others have been making this week. Trusting you have a creative week,
This blog post is linked up here.