Each year my daughter’s school have a Jam Jar Tombola for the children. Naturally, the kids are just mega keen on gaining a jar full of sweeties but I like to add a twist. After all, it’s far more fun to win one of my random ideas, right?
Twenty Thrifty Jam Jar Tombola Ideas
Plants & Garden Ideas
- Various packets of herb seeds, encourage people to grow their own
- Succulents planted
- Tea light holders
- Home made toffee sauce
- Chutney – endless possibilities, in the UK mango may be a good choice for curry eaters:)
- DIY cookie jar, layered ingredients
- Hair slides
- Rags, for twisting in long hair to make it curly
Creative Play ideas
- Every day objects printing kit
- Raided craft cupboard jar
- Craft kits from covers of magazines
- Felt food biscuits
Rest assured I did manage to get labels on to the more obscure (like the hair rags), or the homemade with a list of ingredients #healthandsafety.
There are so many more ideas just buzzing round my head.. what would you fill your jam jars with?